The three major aspects of one’s social life which directly impact the economics of the nation are health, education and crime. The former two affect the overall human development index as they carry a third share each in the HDI. Crime is important because if the crime rate is high, it leads to a lot of uncertainty in the life of the citizen. People who have the ability to learn and work and earn for themselves are not very interested in doing so because a part of their earnings go to the extortionists and the mafias. They would either loot them or use other illicit measures to obtain what were rightfully others. This uncertainty hinders people from earning their living and by default; they choose to go about living wrongly- in an immoral way.
A good proportion of the people believe that education is not getting better over the years. 16.12% believe that it has gotten worse, 30.62% believe that it is getting little worse and an equal proportion of the respondents believe that it has stayed about the same. While the median voter here finds himself in the middle zone i.e., education hasn’t change much, 46.74% people believe that it has gone worse. Consecutively, education needs to be a top agenda on the election propaganda.
A similar, if not worse situation is evident in the sector of health. 24.84% people believe that NHS is getting a lot worse whereas 37.98% believe that it has gotten a little worse making a total of 62.82% in the group who are disappointed by the performance of health care facilities in the country. The median voter clearly lies in the disparaged zone and health needs to be addressed, perhaps given more importance than education.
The picture for crime rates is a bit better. Yet, only 18.41% people believe that crime rate has fallen. 23.76% believe that it has increased a little.